Poverty, Tenure Security and Access to Land in Central Uganda: The Role of Market and Non-Market Processes
AbstractThis paper presents first-hand evidence about land distribution and the impact of land markets in East and Central Uganda.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales in its series Papers with number 216.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: FACULTE UNIVERSITAIRE NOTRE-DAME DE LA PAIX, FACULTE DES SCIENCES ECONOMIQUES ET SOCIALES, RUE DE BRUXELLES NAMUR FRANCE.
Web page: http://www.fundp.ac.be/facultes/eco/
More information through EDIRC
LAND ; POVERTY ; PROPERTY RIGHTS ; DEVELOPING COUNTRIES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- R33 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Nonagricultural and Nonresidential Real Estate Markets
- O55 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holden, Stein & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2013. "The Roles of Land Tenure Reforms and Land Markets in the Context of Population Growth and Land Use Intensification in Africa," CLTS Working Papers 15/13, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- Tilman Brück, 2003. "Land Access, Tenure and Investment in Post-War Northern Mozambique," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 358, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2000. "The role of tenure in the management of trees at the community level: theoretical and empirical analyses from Uganda and Malawi," CAPRi working papers 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Place, Frank & Swallow, Brent M., 2000. "Assessing the relationships between property rights and technology adoption in smallholder agriculture: a review of issues and empirical methods," CAPRi working papers 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Brück, Tilman & Schindler, Kati, 2009. "Smallholder Land Access in Post-War Northern Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1379-1389, August.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Frank Place, 2013. "Evolutionary Changes in Land Tenure and Agricultural Intensification in Sub-Saharan Africa," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-22, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.