Rent-Seeking, Resource Booms and the Size of the Entrepreneurial Class : A Theoretical Analysis
AbstractThis paper develops a model of rent-seeking in which the opportunity cost of rent-seeking is foregone entrepreneurship. It provides conditions under which resource booms tend to lead to an increase in rent-seeking activity and those in which they induce entrepreneurship. It is shown that the effects of a resource boom depend critically on the number of rent-seeker/entrepreneurs in an economy.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales in its series Papers with number 191.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: FACULTE UNIVERSITAIRE NOTRE-DAME DE LA PAIX, FACULTE DES SCIENCES ECONOMIQUES ET SOCIALES, RUE DE BRUXELLES NAMUR FRANCE.
Web page: http://www.fundp.ac.be/facultes/eco/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC MODELS ; ENTREPRENEURS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huw Lloyd-Ellis & Nicolas Marceau, 1998. "Getting Over the Hump: A Theory of Crime, Credit and Accumulation," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 65, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Marceau, Nicolas & Mongrain, Steeve, 2011.
"Competition in law enforcement and capital allocation,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 136-147, January.
- Nicolas Marceau & Steeve Mongrain, 2004. "Competition in Law Enforcement and Capital Allocation," Cahiers de recherche 0408, CIRPEE.
- Nicolas Marceau & Steeve Mongrain, 2007. "Competition in Law Enforcement and Capital Allocation," Discussion Papers dp07-03, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.