On the Size and Power of System Tests for Cointegration
AbstractIt is argued that size distortions and power properties of likelihood based tests for cointegration are so poor in many small sample situstions that alternative are necessary for analysing typical macroeconomic relationships.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by New South Wales - School of Economics in its series Papers with number 96/9.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES, SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS, P.O.B. 1 KENSINGTON, NEW SOUTH WALES 2033 AUSTRALIA.
Fax: +61)-2- 9313- 6337
Web page: http://www.economics.unsw.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
COINTEGRATION; TESTS; SAMPLING;
Other versions of this item:
- Ronald Bewley & Minxian Yang, 1998. "On The Size And Power Of System Tests For Cointegration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 675-679, November.
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2010.
"International trade and economic growth in the Polish economy,"
52286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lukasz Lach & Henryk Gurgul, 2010. "International trade and economic growth in the Polish economy," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 5-29.
- Carlos Enrique Carrasco Gutiérrez & Reinaldo Castro Souza & Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén, 2007.
"Selection of Optimal Lag Length in Cointegrated VAR Models with Weak Form of Common Cyclical Features,"
Working Papers Series
139, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Carlos Enrique Carrasco Gutierrez & Reinaldo Castro Souza & Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén, 2009. "Selection of Optimal Lag Length in Cointegrated VAR Models with Weak Form of Common Cyclical Features," Fucape Working Papers 16, Fucape Business School.
- Carrasco Gutierrez, Carlos Enrique & Castro Souza, Reinaldo & Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén, Osmani, 2009. "Selection of optimal lag length in cointegrated VAR models with weak form of common cyclical features," MPRA Paper 22550, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pesavento, Elena, 2000.
"Analytical Evaluation of the Power of Tests for the Absence of Cointegration,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt4cq4773c, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Pesavento, Elena, 2004. "Analytical evaluation of the power of tests for the absence of cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 349-384, October.
- Elena Pesavento, 2005.
"Residuals Based Tests for the Null of No Cointegration: An Analytical Comparison,"
0503, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Elena Pesavento, 2007. "Residuals-based tests for the null of no-cointegration: an Analytical comparison," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 111-137, 01.
- Dietmar Maringer & Peter Winker, 2004. "Optimal Lag Structure Selection in VEC-Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 155, Society for Computational Economics.
- Wagner, Martin, 1999. "VAR Cointegration in VARMA Models," Economics Series 65, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Nasim Shah Shirazi & Turkhan Ali Abdul Manap, 2004. "Exports and Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 563-581.
- Österholm, Pär, 2003. "Testing for Cointegration in Misspecified Systems –A Monte Carlo Study of Size Distortions," Working Paper Series 2003:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Jordan Shan & Fiona Sun, 1998. "On the export-led growth hypothesis for the little dragons: An empirical reinvestigation," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(4), pages 353-371, December.
- Par Osterholm, 2004. "Size properties of cointegration tests in misspecified systems," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(15), pages 919-924.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.