Endogenous Learning, Learning by Doing and Information Sharing
AbstractUsing the work in experimentation, the author endogenizes the, until now, exogenous information in information sharing models. He finds that agreements to exchange information affect the value and production of information. With unknown cost, a learning-by-doing like effect also arises. These effects affect consumer welfare, the incentive to receive information, and the incentive to enter information sharing agreements. Information sharing contracts may have negative future effects on firms through decreased information production. However, the decreased information production has the current benefit of softening competition, which induces information sharing agreements under conditions contrary to previous results and vice versa. Copyright 1995 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory in its series Papers with number 9106.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, EAST LANSING MICHIGAN 48824 U.S.A.
Web page: http://econ.msu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
information ; economic analysis;
Other versions of this item:
- Creane, Anthony, 1995. "Endogenous Learning, Learning by Doing and Information Sharing," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(4), pages 985-1002, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitrova, Magdalena & Schlee, Edward E., 2003. "Monopoly, competition and information acquisition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1623-1642, December.
- Nicolas Curien & Emmanuelle Fauchart & Gilbert Laffond & Jean Lainé & Jacques Lesourne & François Moreau, 2001.
"Forums de consommation sur Internet. Un modèle évolutionniste,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 52(7), pages 119-135.
- François Moreau & Jean Lainé & Gilbert Laffond & Jacques Lesourne & Nicolas Curien & Emmanuelle Fauchart, 2001. "Forums de consommation sur Internet. Un modèle évolutionniste," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 52(1), pages 119-135.
- Bipasa Datta, . "Experimentation, Information sharing and Oligopoly Limit Pricing," Discussion Papers 99/34, Department of Economics, University of York.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.