The Decision Between Internal and External R&D
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to identify those factors shaping the decision to engage in external R&D. We use the lens of institutional economics to link the decision to engage in external R&D to both firm - and industry - specific characteristics. In particular, we find that internal and external R&D tend to be complements in high-technology industries but substitutes in low-technology industries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM in its series Papers with number 9603/e.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED BUSINESS IN THE NETHERLANDS, NEUHUYS.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ; DECISION MAKING;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.