Strategic Niches and Profitability : A First Report
AbstractUsing disaggregated data for Dutch manufacturing industries over the period 1975-1986 we find considerable evidence that the price-cost margins of small firms do not tend to follow those of large firms. These findings support the theory that small firms pursue a strategy of producing in distinct product niches.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM in its series Papers with number 9504/e.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED BUSINESS IN THE NETHERLANDS, NEUHUYS.
MANUFACTURING ; PRICES ; COSTS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joris Meijaard, 2001. "Making sense of the New Economy," Scales Research Reports H200009, EIM Business and Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.