The Impact of Contestability on Prices in Manufacturing Industries
AbstractThe goal of this papr was to investigate whether contestability has an impact on prices in Dutch manufacturing industries. The major finding were: 1- Estimating the price equation in long differences appeared to be the best technique. 2- The variables capital intensity, import penetration and turbulence appeared to be insignificant in the price equation. 3- Possible indicators for contestability were considered, using the variables c4, capital intensity, R&D entry and exit. 4- Of these possible indicators for contestability, c4, R&D intensity, net entry and entry have a significant impact on price...
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM in its series Papers with number 0005/e.
Length: 53 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED BUSINESS IN THE NETHERLANDS, NEUHUYS.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ; PRICES ; MANUFACTURING;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.