A Multinominal Logit No-Discrimatory Approach to Estimating Racial Wage and Occupational Discrimation
AbstractThis paper combines a technique to measure non-discriminatory wage structures with a multinominal logit model to estimate both occupational racial discrimination and within-occupation racial wage underpayment and overpayment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Middlesex University - School of Economics in its series Papers with number 67.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.K.; School of Economics, Middlesex University Business School, the Burroughs, London NW4 4BT
Phone: 44(020) 8362 5981
Fax: 44(020) 8362 5981
Web page: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/www/economics/
More information through EDIRC
WAGES ; DISCRIMINATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minas Vlassis & Nick Drydakis, . "A Union-Oligopoly Model of Endogenous Discrimination:Should it be wage discrimination taxed or discriminated employment subsidized?," Working Papers 0614, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabe, Sandrine, 2007.
"Trade unions vs. statistical discrimination: Theory and application to post-apartheid South Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 417-444, September.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabé, Sandrine, 2005. "Trade Unions v. Statistical Discrimination: Theory and Application to Post-Apartheid South Africa," IDEI Working Papers 348, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabé, Sandrine, 2007. "Trade Unions v. Statistical Discrimination: Theory and Application to Post-Apartheid South Africa," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Brookes, Mick & Hinks, Timothy & Watson, Duncan, 1999.
"Comparisons in Gender Wage Differentials and Discrimination between Germany and the United Kingdom,"
IRISS Working Paper Series
1999-02, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Mick Brookes & Timothy Hinks & Duncan Watson, 2001. "Comparisons in Gender Wage Differentials and Discrimination between Germany and the United Kingdom," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 15(3), pages 393-414, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.