Private Storage of Common Property
AbstractThis paper examines a characteristic of common property problems unmodeled in the published literature: extracted common reserves are often stored privately rather than sold immediately. We examine the positive and normative effects of such storage, Privatization of common reserves through storage may eliminate inefficiency altogether but the premature extraction involved may also exacerbate them-even if rapid extraction does not reduce ultimate recovery.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory in its series Papers with number 97-08.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS CENTER FOR RESEARCH ON ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL THEORY, ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN U.S.A.
COLLECTIVE OWNERSHIP ; STORAGE ; NATURAL RESOURCES;
Other versions of this item:
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Salant, Stephen W., 2003.
"The effects of periodic quotas limiting the stock of imports of durables,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 402-419, April.
- GAUDET, Gérard & SALANT, Stephen W., 2002. "The Effects of Periodic Quotas Limiting the Stock of Imports of Durables," Cahiers de recherche 2002-09, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Wang, Min & Zhao, Jinhua, 2013. "Monopoly extraction of a nonrenewable resource facing capacity constrained renewable competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 503-508.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Cees Withagen, 2012.
"On Price Taking Behaviour in a Non-renewable Resource Cartel-Fringe Game,"
OxCarre Working Papers
080, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & Withagen, Cees, 2012. "On price taking behavior in a nonrenewable resource cartel–fringe game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 355-374.
- BENCHEKROUN, Hassan & WITHAGEN, Cees, 2010. "On Price Taking Behavior in a Nonrenewable Resource Cartel-Fringe Game," Cahiers de recherche 11-2010, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Cees Withagen, 2010. "On Price Taking Behavior In A Nonrenewable Resource Cartel-Fringe Game," Departmental Working Papers 2010-02, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Louis Hotte & Randy McFerrin & Douglas Wills, 2011.
"On the Dual Nature of Weak Property Rights,"
1103E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Jayasri Dutta & Colin Rowat, 2004.
"The Road to Extinction: Commons with Capital Markets,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Colin Rowat & Jayasri Dutta, 2004. "The road to extinction: commons with capital markets," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 145, Econometric Society.
- Jayasri Dutta & Colin Rowat, 2007. "The Road to Extinction: Commons with Capital Markets," Discussion Papers 04-11RR, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Jayasri Dutta & Colin Rowat, 2007. "The Road to Extinction: Commons with Capital Markets," WEF Working Papers 0024, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Jayasri Dutta & Colin Rowat, 2006. "The Road to Extinction: commons with capital markets," Discussion Papers 04-11r, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Ngo Long & Gerhard Sorger, 2006.
"Insecure property rights and growth: the role of appropriation costs, wealth effects, and heterogeneity,"
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 513-529, 08.
- Ngo Van Long & Gerhard Sorger, 2004. "Insecure Property Rights and Growth: The Roles of Appropriation Costs, Wealth Effects, and Heterogeneity," CESifo Working Paper Series 1253, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chong Huang, 2011. "Defending Against Speculative Attacks: Reputation, Learning, and Coordination," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-039, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Charles Morcom & Michael Kremer, 2000. "Elephants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 212-234, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.