Urban Commuting Journeys Are Not Wasteful
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory in its series Papers with number 88-10.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1988
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS CENTER FOR RESEARCH ON ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL THEORY, ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN U.S.A.
urban development ; wastes;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frost, Martin & Linneker, Brian & Spence, Nigel, 1998. "Excess or wasteful commuting in a selection of British cities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 529-538, September.
- Dissanayake, Dilum & Morikawa, Takayuki, 2008. "Impact assessment of satellite centre-based telecommuting on travel and air quality in developing countries by exploring the link between travel behaviour and urban form," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 883-894, July.
- Larsen, Morten Marott & Pilegaard, Ninette & Ommeren, Jos Van, 2008.
"Congestion and residential moving behaviour,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 378-387, July.
- Guillaume Pouyanne, 2005. "Land Use mix and Daily Mobility - the Case of Bordeaux, France," ERSA conference papers ersa05p84, European Regional Science Association.
- Shunfeng Song, 1995.
"Does generalizing density functions better explain urban commuting? Some evidence from the Los Angeles region,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(5), pages 148-150.
- Song, Shunfeng, 1994. "Does Generalizing Density Functions Better Explain Urban Commuting? Some Evidence from the Los Angeles Region," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt353631r6, University of California Transportation Center.
- Paul K. Asabere & Forrest E. Huffman, 1996. "Thoroughfares and Apartment Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(1), pages 9-16.
- Suzuki, Tsutomu & Lee, Sohee, 2012. "Jobs–housing imbalance, spatial correlation, and excess commuting," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 322-336.
- Lambert van der Laan, 1998. "Commuting in multinodal urban systems: An empirical comparison of three alternative models," ERSA conference papers ersa98p252, European Regional Science Association.
- Khandker Habib, 2014. "Household-level commuting mode choices, car allocation and car ownership level choices of two-worker households: the case of the city of Toronto," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 651-672, May.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan & Hirte, Georg, 2009.
"An urban general equilibrium model with multiple household structures and travel mode choice,"
17697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan & Hirte, Georg, 2009. "An urban general equilibrium model with multiple household structures and travel mode choice," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/09, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Ninette Pilegaard & Morten Marott Larsen & Jos Van Ommeren, 2005. "Congestion and Residential Moving Behaviour in the presence of Moving Costs," ERSA conference papers ersa05p520, European Regional Science Association.
- Niedzielski, Michael A. & Horner, Mark W. & Xiao, Ningchuan, 2013. "Analyzing scale independence in jobs-housing and commute efficiency metrics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 129-143.
- Murphy, Enda, 2009. "Excess commuting and modal choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 735-743, October.
- Surprenant-Legault, Julien & Patterson, Zachary & El-Geneidy, Ahmed M., 2013. "Commuting trade-offs and distance reduction in two-worker households," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 12-28.
- Koster, Hans R.A. & Rouwendal, Jan, 2013. "Agglomeration, commuting costs, and the internal structure of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 352-366.
- Mark Horner, 2007. "A multi-scale analysis of urban form and commuting change in a small metropolitan area (1990–2000)," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 315-332, June.
- Morten Marott Larsen & Ninette Pilegaard & Jos van Ommeren, 2004. "Congestion and Residential Moving Behaviour," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-096/3, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.