Classical and Bayesian Inference Robustness in Multivariate Regression models
AbstractSome classical inference procedures can be shown to be completely robust in theses classes of multivariate distributions. These findings are used in the practically relevant context of regression models. We present a robust bayesian analysis and indicate the links between classical and Bayesian results. In particular, for the regression model with i.i.d. errors up to a scale, a formal characterization is provided for both classical and Bayesian robustness results concerning inference on the regression parameters.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique in its series Papers with number 9602.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institut de Statistique, Voie du Roman Pays, 34 B-1348 Louvain- La-Neuve, Belgique.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carmen Fernandez & Jacek Osiewalski & M. F. J. Steel, 2004.
"Robust Bayesian inference on scale parameters,"
ESE Discussion Papers
25, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Jim Smith & Fabio Rigat, 2012. "Isoseparation and robustness in parametric Bayesian inference," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 64(3), pages 495-519, June.
- Fernandez, Carmen & Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F. J., 1997. "On the use of panel data in stochastic frontier models with improper priors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 169-193, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.