Jusges and CEOs: Aspects of French Corporate Governance
AbstractThe debate about corporate governance has brought to the front stage the notion of 'social interest' or interest of the company itself as distinct of its stakeholders. French Law, judges, and CEOs use this notion with different meanings and intentions. Shareholders and company interest do not merge. They differ on the industrial relations policy they induce and in the management freedom bestowed on CEOs. A reform of French Company Law currently under discussion seeks conciliation while trying to comply with the principles of corporate governance best practices.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by LIRHE - Universite des sciences sociales Toulouse in its series Papers with number 291.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de recherche sur le ressources humaines et l'emploi (LIRHE). Universite des sciences sociales - bat. J - Place Anatole-France - 31042 Toulouse Cedex
Phone: 05 126.96.36.199
Fax: 05 188.8.131.52
Web page: http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/LIRHE/
More information through EDIRC
BUSINESS ORGANIZATION ; SHAREHOLDERS ; ENTERPRISES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.