Substitution, Risk Aversion, Taste Shocks and Equity Premia
AbstractThis paper investigates the testable restrictions on the time-series behavior of equity premia implied by a representative agent model whose state and time-non-separable preferences are subject to taste shocks. The model nests state and time-separable preferences with and without taste shocks as special cases.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique in its series Papers with number 9606.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITE LAVAL, GREPE DEPARTEMENT D'ECONOMIQUE, QUEBEC G1K 7P4.
Phone: (418) 656-5122
Fax: (418) 656-2707
Web page: http://www.ecn.ulaval.ca/
More information through EDIRC
STOCKS; RISK; MATHEMATICAL MODELS;
Other versions of this item:
- Michel Normandin & Pascal St-Amour, 1998. "Substitution, risk aversion, taste shocks and equity premia," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 265-281.
- Michel Normandin & Pascal St-Amour, 1996. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, Taste Shocks and Equity Premia," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 39, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Normandin, Michel & St-Amour, Pascal, 1996. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, Taste Shocks and Equity Premia," Cahiers de recherche 9606, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Michel Normandin & Pascal St-Amour, 1996. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, Taste Shocks and Equity Premia," Finance 9607001, EconWPA.
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michel Normandin, 2004.
"Canadian and U.S. financial markets: testing the international integration hypothesis under time-varying conditional volatility,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1021-1041, November.
- Michel Normandin, 2003. "Canadian and U.S. Financial Markets: Testing the International Integration Hypothesis Under Time-Varying Conditional Volatility," Cahiers de recherche 03-08, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Gonand, Frédéric, 2014.
"Fostering Renewables and Recycling a Carbon Tax: Joint Aggregate and Intergenerational Redistributive Effects,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/13361, Paris Dauphine University.
- Frédéric Gonand, 2014. "Fostering Renewables and Recycling a Carbon Tax: Joint Aggregate and Intergenerational Redistributive Effects," Working Papers 1408, Chaire Economie du Climat.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Nicolas Treich, 2004.
"Risk aversion, intergenerational equity and climate change,"
- Minh Ha-Duong & Nicolas Treich, 2004. "Risk Aversion, Intergenerational Equity and Climate Change," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(2), pages 195-207, June.
- COUTURE Stephane & REYNAUD Arnaud, 2006. "Multi-stand Forest Management Under a Climatic Risk: Do time and Risk Preferences Matter?," LERNA Working Papers 06.17.210, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Noah Kaufman, 2012. "The bias of integrated assessment models that ignore climate catastrophes," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 110(3), pages 575-595, February.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Eichenbaum, Martin & Rebelo, Sérgio, 2012.
"Valuation Risk and Asset Pricing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9262, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Traeger, 2012.
"Why Uncertainty Matters - Discounting under Intertemporal Risk Aversion and Ambiguity,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3727, CESifo Group Munich.
- Traeger, Christian P, 2008. "Why uncertainty matters - discounting under intertemporal risk aversion and ambiguity," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1092R2, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy, revised Jan 2012.
- Traeger, Christian P., 2012. "Why uncertainty matters - discounting under intertemporal risk aversion and ambiguity," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2w614303, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Minh Ha-Duong & Nicolas Treich, 1999. "Recursive Intergenerational Utility in Global Climate Risk Modeling," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-40, CIRANO.
- Pommeret, Aude & Smith, William T., 2005.
"Fertility, volatility, and growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 347-353, June.
- Aude POMMERET & William T. SMITH, 2004. "Fertility, Volatility, and Growth," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du DÃ©partement d'EconomÃ©trie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 04.08, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Femminis, Gianluca, 2008. "Risk-aversion and the investment-uncertainty relationship: The role of capital depreciation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 585-591, March.
- Qiang Dai & Olesya V. Grishchenko, 2011. "An empirical investigation of consumption-based asset pricing models with stochastic habit formation," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-47, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Michel Normandin, 1999. "The Integration of Financial Markets and the Conduct of Monetary Policies: The Case of Canada and the United States," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 67, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Howitt, Richard E. & Reynaud, Arnaud & Msangi, Siwa & Knapp, Keith C., 2002. "Calibrated Stochastic Dynamic Models for Resource Management," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19620, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Michel Normandin, 2006. "The Effects of Monetary-Policy Shocks on Real Wages: A Multi-Country Investigation The Effects of Monetary-Policy Shocks on Real Wages: A Multi-Country Investigationv," Cahiers de recherche 06-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Traeger, Christian P., 2011. "Interemporal Risk Aversion - or - Wouldn't it be Nice to Tell Whether Robinson Crusoe is Risk," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt67d581xt, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.