Variance of the Output as a Function of Time: Production Line Dynamics
AbstractWe consider Markovian models of discrete materials flow production systems. The transient behavior of a production line is investigated. Namely, mean and variance of the number of parts produced in a given time period conditioned on an arbitrary initial condition is determined by using a Markov reward model. Closed-form expression for the variance of the output from a single unreliable station is derived to illustrate the procedure.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Koc University in its series Papers with number 1997/19.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Koc University. Intinye 80860. Istanbul Turkey
Web page: http://case.ku.edu.tr/tr/econ/home
More information through EDIRC
PRODUCTION ; MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tan, Baris, 1998. "Effects of variability on the due-time performance of a continuous materials flow production system in series," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 87-100, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.