Large Shareholder Activism in Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies: Evidence from India
AbstractThis paper provides evidence on the role of large shareholders in monitoring company value from a developing country, India, whose corporate governance system is a hybrid of the ousider-dominated-market-based systems of the UK and the US and the insider-dominated-bank-based systems of Germany and Japan. The picture of large-shareholder monitoring that emerges from our case study of Indian corporates is a mixed one.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research- in its series Papers with number 153.
Length: 47 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: INDIRA GANDHI; INDIRA GANDHI INSTITUTE OF DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH, GEN.VAIDYA MARG.GOREGAON (E) BOMBAY-400 065 INDIA.
Phone: (022) 840 0919/20/21
Fax: (022) 840 2752/2026
Web page: http://www.igidr.ac.in/
More information through EDIRC
BUSINESS FINANCING ; SHAREHOLDERS ; INDIA;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.