Earnings Profile of Workers in a Slum: Findings from a Survey of Santosh Nagar, Mumbai
AbstractIn June 1993, a socio-economic survey was conducted by the authors, of a sample of households residing in Santosh Nagar, a large slum adjacent to the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Goregaon, Mumbai. As part of this socio-economic survey, extensive information was collected about the workers belonging to these 540 surveyed households. This paper addresses the quetion of determinants of wages of these workers, in addition to providing a profile of these workers.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research- in its series Papers with number 140.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: INDIRA GANDHI; INDIRA GANDHI INSTITUTE OF DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH, GEN.VAIDYA MARG.GOREGAON (E) BOMBAY-400 065 INDIA.
Phone: (022) 840 0919/20/21
Fax: (022) 840 2752/2026
Web page: http://www.igidr.ac.in/
More information through EDIRC
LABOUR MARKET ; WORKERS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J4 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.