International Initiatives to Harmonize the Law of Secure Transactions
AbstractThis paper related four topics:i) why is there such a strong movement to harmonize private, commercial law and in particular the law of secured transactions at this time, and what are some of the characteristics of hamonization efforts; ii) the body paper proposed revisions to UCC Article 8, the EBRD Model Law (briefly), the draft uniform rules on international interests in mobile equipment of the UNIDROIT (The International Institute of Unification of Private Law, in Rome) and proposed articles of draft uniform rules on assignment in receivables financing of UNCITRAL (United Nation Commission on International Trade Law); iii) the development of electronic registries (briefly); and iv) conclusions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Georgetown University Law Center in its series Papers with number 97-1.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Georgetown University Law Center, 600 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington, DC. 20001. Maintainer-Name: Thomas Krichel
LAW ; INTERNATIONAL TRADE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.