Empirical assessment of Monetary Policy Instruments and Procedures (MPIP) in EU Countries
AbstractThis paper provides empirical evidence on the use of monetary policy instruments and procedures (MPIP) in EU countries. In particular, it focuses on three important issues which arise in this context. Fist, we examine the structural position of the EU money markets. Second , evidence is presented on the relative roles of different instruments in EU Countriesboth in providing liquidity in general and , in addition, in dealing with changes in liquidity supply. Third, the behaviour of money market interest rates is compared across countries and evidence is presented.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Monetary Institute in its series Papers with number 2.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: European Monetary Institute. Kaiserstrasse 29, D-60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Phone: +49 69 1344 0
Fax: +49 69 1344 6000
Web page: http://www.ecb.int/
More information through EDIRC
MONETARY POLICY ; CENTRAL BANKS ; INTEREST RATE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andres, 2001.
"The Microstructure of the Euro Money Market,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3081, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Quiros, Gabriel Perez & Mendizabal, Hugo Rodriguez, 2006.
"The Daily Market for Funds in Europe: What Has Changed with the EMU?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 91-118, February.
- Gabriel Pérez-Quirós & Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal, 2003. "The Daily Market for Funds in Europe: What has Changed with the EMU?," Working Papers 22, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Gabriel Pérez Quirós & Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal, 2003. "The daily market for funds in Europe: what has changed with the EMU," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0313, Banco de Espa�a.
- Gabriel Pérez Quirós & Hugo Rodríguez Mendizábal, 2003. "The Daily Market for Funds in Europe: What Has Changed with the EMU?," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 559.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Nicolas Couderc, 2005. "Réserves obligatoires : un état des lieux," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 78(1), pages 363-380.
- Avadanei, Andreea, 2011.
"Implicații ale politicii monetare unice în susținerea integrării financiare europene
[The implications of single monetary policy in sustaining European financial integration]," MPRA Paper 29147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaspar, Vítor & Pérez Quirós, Gabriel & Sicilia, Jorge, 2001.
"The ECB monetary policy strategy and the money market,"
Working Paper Series
0069, European Central Bank.
- Gaspar, Vitor & Perez-Quiros, Gabriel & Sicilia, Jorge, 2001. "The ECB Monetary Policy Strategy and the Money Market," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 325-42, October.
- Vítor Gaspar & Gabriel Perez-Quiros & Jorge Sicilia, 2001. "The ECB monetary policy strategy and the money market," Working Papers 47, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Devine, Máiréad & McCoy, Daniel, 1998. "The Formulation of Monetary Policy in EMU," Research Technical Papers 2/RT/98, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Paul de Grauwe & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2005.
"Endogeneities of Optimum Currency Areas: What brings Countries Sharing a Single Currency Closer together?,"
Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers)
29, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- De Grauwe, Paul & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2005. "Endogeneities of optimum currency areas: what brings countries sharing a single currency closer together?," Working Paper Series 0468, European Central Bank.
- Haydn Davies, 1998. "Averaging in a framework of zero reserve requirements: implications for the operation of monetary policy," Bank of England working papers 84, Bank of England.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.