The Irish Macroeconomic Crisis of 1955-56: How Much Was Due to Monetary Policy
AbstractThe macroeconomic crisis of 1955-56 was the defining event of post-war Irish economic history. What had been an underperforming economy slid into deep recession for reasons which were poorly understood. The long-term consequences were considerable: the reorientation of economic policy that resulted led to the restructuring and expansion of manufacturing on the basis of tax- and grant-aided foreign direct investment to a degree which today continues to be unparalleled.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by College Dublin, Department of Political Economy- in its series Papers with number 98/09.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Ireland; University College Dublin, Department of Political Economy, Centre for Economic Research, Belfield, Dublin 4
Fax: +353-1-283 0068
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie/economics/
More information through EDIRC
IRELAND ; MONETARY POLICY ; BUSINESS CYCLES;
Other versions of this item:
- Ó Gráda, Cormac & Honohan, Patrick, 1998. "The Irish macroeconomic crisis of 1955-56 : how much was due to monetary policy," Open Access publications from University College Dublin urn:hdl:10197/463, University College Dublin.
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2008. "The Irish Economy half a Century ago," Working Papers 200818, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2011. "Five Crises," Working Papers 201112, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.