Research and Engagement with Trade Unions: Bridging the Solitudes
AbstractThis paper is divided in four sections. Section one sketches the changes in the world of work and employment that have created new opportunities and pressure for academic-union research partnerships. Section two looks at forms of research partnerships between trade unions and university based researchers. Section three looks at several partnership experiences in Quebec and English Canada. Section four indicates conclusions and the questions they raise.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Training Matters and the Centre for Research on Work and Society. in its series Training Matters: Working Paper Series with number 99-08.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Training Matters and the Centre for Research on Work and Society. 276 York Lanes, York University, 4700 Keele Street, North York, Ontario, M31 1P3 Canada.
WORKERS' REPRESENTATION ; RESEARCH ; LABOUR MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.