Technological Change and the Skill Acquisition of Young Workers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Columbia - Graduate School of Business in its series Papers with number 95-10.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, PAINE WEBBER , New York, NY 10027 U.S.A
Phone: (212) 854-5553
Web page: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/business/
More information through EDIRC
TECHNOLOGY; TRAINING; MANUFACTURES; YOUTH; LABOUR MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabel Diéguez & Ana Cantorna & Ana Canto, 2005. "Organizational Training In Manufacturing Firms And Advanced Manufacturing Technologies," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Technical University of Lisbon, vol. 0(1), pages 57-70.
- John Hagedoorn & Rajneesh Narula, .
"Innovating through strategic alliances: moving towards international partnerships and contractual agreements,"
STEP Report series
199805, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Narula,Rajneesh & Hagedoorn,John, 1998. "Innovating through strategic alliances: moving towards international partnerships and contractual agreements," Research Memoranda 025, Maastricht : MERIT, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Hagedoorn, John, 1999. "Innovating through strategic alliances: moving towards international partnerships and contractual agreements," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-4301, Maastricht University.
- Klaus Waelde, 1996. "Lifetime learning, biased technological change and the evolution of wages in the U.S. 1960 - 1990," Labor and Demography 9601001, EconWPA.
- Bruinshoofd,Allard & Hollanders,Hugo & Weel,Bas,ter, 1999. "Knowledge Spillovers and Wage Inequality: An Empirical Investigation of Knowledge-Skill Complementarity," Research Memoranda 008, Maastricht : MERIT, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology.
- Alvarez Albelo, Carmen D., 1999. "Complementarity between physical and human capital, and speed of convergence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 357-361, September.
- Tse, Chung Yi, 2000. "Monopoly, human capital accumulation and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 137-174, February.
- Asplund, Rita, 2004. "The Provision and Effects of Company Training. A brief review of the literature," Discussion Papers 907, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 1998.
"The Origins Of Technology-Skill Complementarity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 113(3), pages 693-732, August.
- Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriette Maassen, 2003. "Firm-related training tracks: a random effects ordered probit model," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 581-589, December.
- Cramton, Peter & Tracy, Joseph, 1998.
"The Use of Replacement Workers in Union Contract Negotiations: The U.S. Experience, 1980-1989,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 667-701, October.
- Peter Cramton & Joseph S. Tracy, 1998. "The Use of Replacement Workers in Union Contract Negotiations: The U.S. Experience, 1980-1989," Papers of Peter Cramton 98jole, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 09 Jun 1998.
- Peter C. Cramton & Joseph S. Tracy, 1995. "The Use of Replacement Workers in Union Contract Negotiations: The U.S. Experience, 1980-1989," NBER Working Papers 5106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Lance Lochner & Christopher Taber, 1998.
"Explaining Rising Wage Inequality: Explorations with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of Labor Earnings with Heterogeneous Agents,"
NBER Working Papers
6384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Lance Lochner & Christopher Taber, 1998. "Explaining Rising Wage Inequality: Explanations With A Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of Labor Earnings With Heterogeneous Agents," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(1), pages 1-58, January.
- Diéguez Castrillón, Mª I. & Sinde Cantorna, A.J., 2004. "Determinantes De La Política De Formación En Empresas Adoptantes De Nuevas Tecnologías De Fabricación Avanzada /," Investigaciones Europeas de Dirección y Economía de la Empresa (IEDEE), Academia Europea de Dirección y Economía de la Empresa (AEDEM), vol. 10(2), pages 115-130.
- Jim Bessen, 1997. "Productivity Adjustments and Learning-by-Doing as Human Capital," Working Papers 97-17, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Rita Asplund, 2005. "The Provision and Effects of Company Training: A Brief Review of the Literature," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 31, pages 47-73.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.