Optimal Promotion and Span of Control
AbstractLet an organization, such as a government or a firm, evaluate projects with the aim of maximizing social welfare or profits. Each project is evaluated by an agent, who may err. Some agents, however, are more likely to make a correct evaluation. Agents may revealed as making correct evaluations can be promoted to evaluate projects. The paper considers the optimal allocation of project evaluations to agents under these conditions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by California Irvine - School of Social Sciences in its series Papers with number 99-00-22.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.
SOCIAL WELFARE ; OPTIMIZATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.