Investing in Confict Management
AbstractAchieving peace and building the institutions that will make it last require much time and effort on the part of adversaries. While making this effort, the likelihood of peace is uncertain and preparations for confict are on-going. We examine a setting that takes such considerations into account. Adversaries divide their resources between "guns," "butter," and investments in conflict management.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by California Irvine - School of Social Sciences in its series Papers with number 00-01-17.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.
CONFLICTS ; INVESTMENTS ; ACCOUNTING ; MANAGEMENT ; INTERNATIONAL MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Other
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Atsu Amegashie & Edward Kutsoati, 2005.
"(Non)Intervention In Intra-State Conflicts,"
0504, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Carmen Beviá & Luis C. Corchón, 2006.
"Rational Sabotage in Cooperative Production with Heterogeneous Agents,"
Economics Working Papers
we20090204, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Bevia Carmen & Corchón Luis C, 2006. "Rational Sabotage in Cooperative Production with Heterogeneous Agents," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-27, November.
- Carmen Bevi? & Luis C. Corch?n, 2006. "Rational Sabotage in Cooperative Production with Heterogeneous Agents," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 663.06, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Michael McBride & Stergios Skaperdas, 2005.
"Explaining Conflict in Low-Income Countries: Incomplete Contracting in the Shadow of the Future,"
050606, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Michael McBride & Stergios Skaperdas, 2005. "Explaining Conflict in Low-Income Countries: Incomplete Contracting in the Shadow of the Future," CESifo Working Paper Series 1636, CESifo Group Munich.
- Caruso, Raul, 2007. "Conflict and Conflict Managment with Asymmetric Stakes (The Bad-Cop and the Good Cop part II)," MPRA Paper 1438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2003.
"Stable Alliance Formation in Distributional Conflict,"
0305001, EconWPA, revised 16 Jun 2003.
- Garfinkel, Michelle R., 2004. "Stable alliance formation in distributional conflict," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 829-852, November.
- Michael McBride & Gary Milante & Stergios Skaperdas, 2011.
"Peace and War With Endogenous State Capacity,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 55(3), pages 446-468, June.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2008.
"An economic approach to analyzing civil wars,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 25-44, January.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2011.
"Proprietary Public Finance: On its Emergence and Evolution out of Anarchy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3495, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2011. "Proprietary Public Finance: On Its Emergence and Evolution Out of Anarchy," Working Papers 101110, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Caruso, Raul, 2007.
"Recirpcity in the shadow of Threat,"
1788, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael McBride & Stergios Skaperdas, 2009.
"Conflict, Settlement, and the Shadow of the Future,"
080922, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Michael McBride & Stergios Skaperdas, 2009. "Conflict, Settlement, and the Shadow of the Future," CESifo Working Paper Series 2897, CESifo Group Munich.
- Garfinkel, Michelle R. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2007.
"Economics of Conflict: An Overview,"
Handbook of Defense Economics,
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2003. "On the Stability of Group Formation: Managing the Conflict Within," Public Economics 0312005, EconWPA, revised 04 Mar 2004.
- Martin Mcguire, 2002. "Property distribution and configurations of sovereign states: A rational economic model," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 251-270.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.