University Research and Commercialization of Intellectual Property in Canada
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to provide a statistical overview of Canadian universities' R&D activities and commercialization undertakings for the consideration of the Expert Panel on the Commercialization of University Research. The existing data suggest that Canadian universities play a major role in creating knowledge and promoting the diffusion of new technologies. Although Canada lags other countries in terms of R&D per unit of output, the share of national R&D that is conducted by universities is among the highest in the G7 countries. In addition, Canada has the highest share of industry-financed research in the academic sector among the G7 countries, suggesting strong linkages between industry and universities.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada & Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada in its series Papers with number 21.
Length: 113 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; Industry Canada, Publications Officer, Micro-Economic Policy Analysis, Industry Canada 5th Floor, West Tower 235 Queen Street, Ottawa Ontario K1A 0H5
Web page: http://www.ic.gc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ; UNIVERSITIES ; EDUCATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.