Canadian Government Policies Toward Inward Foreign Direct Investment
AbstractHost gorvernments are rarely neutral toward inward foreign direct investment (FDI). The policy taken by host governments over the past two decades has generally been to liberaliza restrictions or barriers to inward FDI. This paper considers if investment rule liberalization has had a significant impact on inward FDI. It also considers whether host countries should be even more enthousiastic in eliminating the indirect and informal barriers that some observers claim are still important factors discouraging inward FDI.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada in its series Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization with number 24.
Length: 85 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canada; Industry Canada, Publications Officer, Micro-Economic Policy Analysis, Industry Canada 5th Floor, West Tower 235 Queen Street, Ottawa Ontario K1A 0H5
Web page: http://www.ic.gc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
INVESTMENTS ; PUBLIC POLICY ; FINANCIAL MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shapiro, Daniel & Globerman, Steven, 2003. "Foreign investment policies and capital flows in Canada: a sectoral analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 779-790, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.