Domestic Support Issues in the Uruguay Round and Beyond
AbstractThe Uruguay Round Agreement on Agriculture provides commitments in three areas: market access, export competition and domestic support. The introduction of domestic support discipline along with the discipline on border measures in an agreement governing international trade was a path-breaking step.This report explains the domestic support provisions of the Agreement on Agriculture, concentrating on the Aggregate Measurement of Support (AMS) and the so-called "green box". It examines the representation of Canada's domestic support in accordance with the Agreement, and discusses possibilities for further discipline on domestic support.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gouvernement du Canada - Agriculture Canada in its series Papers with number 4-2000.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GOUVERNEMENT DU CANADA; AGRICULTURE CANADA; DIRECTION GENERALE DESPOLITIQ UES.
AGRICULTURE ; INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENT ; INTERNATIONAL TRADE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.