Le comportement d'epargne recent des Francais a travers leurs opinions
AbstractWe examine, from an empiric point of view, the recent behavior of French consumers using "optimism balances" from the monthly household survey conducted by INSEE, the National Statistic Institute. In the first place we evaluate the abilities of consumers to perceive and anticipate their economic environment that determines the allocation between saving and spending. The formation of opinions and intentions on saving is then detailled. Finally models explaining the gross and financial saving rates are proposed. They are based on opinion balances and are used in a descriptive manner.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Caisse des Depots et Consignations - Cahiers de recherche in its series Papers with number 1996-03/e.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Caisse des depots et consignations, Services des etudes economiques et financieres, 195 Boulevard Saint Germain- 75007 Paris, France.
EPARGNE; FRANCE; MARCHE FINANCIER;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.