The Evolution of Public Health Insurance in Saskatchewan
AbstractThis paper attempts to answer the following questions. Why and did North America's first public health insurance scheme develop in Saskatchewan? What were the unique features of Saskatchewan's economy, geography, history which may helped the development of public health insurance in this province? How did post-war economic and social development in general and the operation of public hospital insurance scheme in conjonction with private Medicare plans in particular impact the subsequent development of Medicare in the province? In order to answer these questions, a review of the history of public health insurance in Canada will be undertaken.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research. in its series Centre for Health Services and Policy Research with number 2001:8r.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The University of British Columbia. Health Policy Research Unit. 429-2194 Health Sciences Mall. Vancouver, BC. V6T 1Z3
HOSPITALS ; HEALTH INSURANCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.