The Great Canadian Physician Exodus?
AbstractThere is a growing concer over the supply of physicians to meet current and future Canadian requirements.Increased outflow id distributed to the retirement of the baby-boom generation and the ongoing migration of Canadian physicians to the United States, Inflow comes through a variaty of routes some of which limit the potential for international medical graduates (IMGS) to practice in Canada. Research on Physician immigration and emigration patterns over the last 25 years provides a backdrop to an examiniation of policy issues raised by physician supply, such as immigration. federal-provincial jurisdictions, and individual rights.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of British Columbia - Centre for Health Services and Policy Research. in its series Centre for Health Services and Policy Research with number 2000:12r.
Length: 7 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The University of British Columbia. Health Policy Research Unit. 429-2194 Health Sciences Mall. Vancouver, BC. V6T 1Z3
HEALTH SERVICES ; PHYSICIANS ; IMMIGRATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.