Costs and Incentives in a Mental Health and Substance Abuse Carve Out
AbstractThis paper examines the changes in costs of mental health and substance abuse services ina carve out program initiated in 1993 by the Group Insurance Commission (GIC) of the Commonwealth of of Massachusetts, and related those changes to initiatives in the contract the GIC agreed upon with the managed behavioral health vendor.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Boston University - Industry Studies Programme in its series Papers with number 81.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Boston University, Industry Studies Program; Department of Economics, 270 Bay Road, Boston, Massachusetts 02215.
Web page: http://www.bu.edu/econ/isp/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Ching-to Albert Ma & Thomas G. McGuire, 1997. "Cost and Incentives in a Mental Health and Substance Abuse Carve Out," Papers 0081, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.