Bounding a Matching Estimator: The Case of a Norwegian Training Program
AbstractIn this paper we evaluate a Norwegian vocational rehabilitation program by comparing employment outcomes of trainees and nonparticipants using nonexperimental data. A matching estimator based on the propensity score is used to calculate the training effect for different subgroups of the sample.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bergen in its series Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen with number 222.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, University of Bergen Fosswinckels Gate 6. N-5007 Bergen, Norway
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/
More information through EDIRC
EMPLOYMENT ; POLICY MAKING ; TRAINING PROGRAMMES;
Other versions of this item:
- Aakvik, Arild, 2001. " Bounding a Matching Estimator: The Case of a Norwegian Training Program," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(1), pages 115-43, February.
- Aakvik, A., 1999. "Bounding a Marching Estimator: the Case of a Norwegian Training Program," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 0499, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Public Policy
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pao-li Chang & Myoung-jae Lee, 2007.
"The WTO Trade Effect,"
Trade Working Papers
22063, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Pao-Li Chang & Myoung-Jae Lee, 2010. "The WTO Trade Effect," Working Papers 31-2010, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Pao-Li Chang¤ & Myoung-Jae Lee, 2008. "The WTO Trade Effect," DEGIT Conference Papers c013_027, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Pao-Li Chang & Myoung-Jae Lee, 2007. "The WTO Trade Effect," Working Papers 06-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Gaigne, Carl & Latouche, Karine & Turolla, Stephane, 2012. "Vertical Ownership and Trade: Firm-level evidence from France," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125020, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jesmin, Shammima & Thind, Amardeep & Sarma, Sisira, 2012. "Does team-based primary health care improve patients’ perception of outcomes? Evidence from the 2007–08 Canadian Survey of Experiences with Primary Health," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 71-83.
- Meliyanni Johar, 2007.
"The Impact of the Indonesian Health Card Program: A Matching Estimator Approach,"
2007-30, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Johar, Meliyanni, 2009. "The impact of the Indonesian health card program: A matching estimator approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Aakvik, Arild & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Vaage, Kjell, 2003.
"Measuring Heterogeneity in the Returns to Education in Norway Using Educational Reforms,"
IZA Discussion Papers
815, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aakvik, Arild & Salvanes, Kjell G & Vaage, Kjell, 2003. "Measuring Heterogeneity in the Returns to Education in Norway Using Educational Reforms," CEPR Discussion Papers 4088, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aakvik, Arild & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Vaage, Kjell, 2003. "Measuring Heterogeneity in the Returns to Education in Norway Using Educational Reforms," Working Papers in Economics 08/03, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Emil Mihaylov, 2011. "Evaluation of Subsidized Employment Programs for Long-Term Unemployed in Bulgaria," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 136-167.
- Aakvik, Arild & Heckman, James J. & Vytlacil, Edward J., 2005. "Estimating treatment effects for discrete outcomes when responses to treatment vary: an application to Norwegian vocational rehabilitation programs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 15-51.
- Chowa, Gina A.N. & Elliott III, William, 2011. "An asset approach to increasing perceived household economic stability among families in Uganda," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 81-87, February.
- M. Shahe Emran & Stephen C. Smith & Virginia Robano, 2009. "Assessing the Frontiers of Ultra-Poverty Reduction: Evidence from CFPR/TUP, an Innovative Program in Bangladesh," Working Papers 2009-06, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Dasgupta, Basab & Ajwad, Mohamed Ihsan, 2011. "Income shocks reduce human capital investments : evidence from five east European countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5926, The World Bank.
- Dillon, Andrew, 2011. "The Effect of Irrigation on Poverty Reduction, Asset Accumulation, and Informal Insurance: Evidence from Northern Mali," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2165-2175.
- Hujer, Reinhard & Thomsen, Stephan L., 2010. "How do the employment effects of job creation schemes differ with respect to the foregoing unemployment duration?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 38-51, January.
- Chowa, Gina & Ansong, David, 2010. "Youth and savings in AssetsAfrica," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1591-1596, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.