The Turnpike Property and the Central Limit Theorem in Stochastic Models of Economic Dynamics
AbstractThe paper analyzes asymptotic properties of optimal paths in multisector stochastic models of economic dynamics. We find conditions under which the rate of convergence in stochastic turnpike theorems is exponential. Using this result, we prove a functional central limit theorem for sums of random rewards accumulated along the optimal paths.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bergen in its series Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen with number 171.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, University of Bergen Fosswinckels Gate 6. N-5007 Bergen, Norway
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amir, Rabah & Evstigneev, Igor, 1999. "Stochastic Version Of Polterovich'S Model: Exponential Turnpike Theorems For Equilibrium Paths," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 149-166, June.
- John Stachurski, 2004. "Asymptotic Statistical Properties Of The Neoclassical Optimal Growth Model," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 898, The University of Melbourne.
- John Stachurski, 2003.
"Stochastic growth: asymptotic distributions,"
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 913-919, 06.
- Stachurski, John, 2002.
"Stochastic Optimal Growth with Unbounded Shock,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 40-65, September.
- Nishimura, Kazuo & Stachurski, John, 2005. "Stability of stochastic optimal growth models: a new approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 100-118, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.