The Performance of the Deregulated Electricity Markets in Norway and Sweden: A Tentative Assessment
AbstractThis paper briefly describes the design and functioning of the new electricity markets in Norway and Sweden and makes a preliminary evaluation of the performance of these markets. The Norwegian-Swedish "model" of deregulation is described in terms of the basic deviations from the approach adopted in England and Wales. The paper primarily focuses on institutional and regulatory aspects such as: the role of public and private ownership, the organization of the merit order dispatch, the organization of the real time dispatch, and the design of transmission pricing.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bergen in its series Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen with number 0798.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, University of Bergen Fosswinckels Gate 6. N-5007 Bergen, Norway
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/
More information through EDIRC
ELECTRICITY ; DEREGULATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.