Competition and Prices on the Emerging Nordic Electricity Market
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to quantitatively evaluate the impact on electricity prices of deregulation and free trade in the Nordic countries. The analysis is focused on the impact of increased competition on market power and the degree of monopolistic pricing. The major tool for our analysis of electricity trade and prices is a numericla multicountry electricity market model in which losses and bottlenecks in the transmission system are taken into account.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bergen in its series Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen with number 0298.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, University of Bergen Fosswinckels Gate 6. N-5007 Bergen, Norway
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/
More information through EDIRC
PRICES ; ELECTRICITY ; COMPETITION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kopsakangas-Savolainen, Maria, 2004. "The welfare effects of different pricing schemes for electricity distribution in Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1429-1435, August.
- Hooper, E. & Medvedev, A., 2008.
"Electrifying Integration: Electricity Production And The South-East Europe Regional Energy Market,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0804, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hooper, Elizabeth & Medvedev, Andrei, 2009. "Electrifying integration: Electricity production and the South East Europe regional energy market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 24-33, March.
- Hjalmarsson, Erik, 2000. "Nord Pool: A Power Market Without Market Power," Working Papers in Economics 28, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Lundgren, Jens & Hellström, Jörgen & Rudholm, Niklas, 2008. "Multinational Electricity Market Integration and Electricity Price Dynamics," HUI Working Papers 16, HUI Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.