The Economic Policy of Fiscal Consolidations: The European Experience
AbstractThis paper investigates the relationship between fiscal contractions, permanent improvements in public finances and short-run economic performance.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi in its series Papers with number 355.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Banca d'Italia-Servizio Studi-Divisione Biblioteca e Pubblicazioni - Via N azionale, 91 -00184 Rome, Italy.
Web page: http://www.bancaditalia.it/
More information through EDIRC
FISCAL POLICY ; PUBLIC FINANCE;
Other versions of this item:
- Andrea Zaghini, 1999. "The economyc policy of fiscal consolidations: The european experience," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 355, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- António Afonso & Christiane Nickel & Philipp Rother, 2005.
"Fiscal Consolidations in the Central and Eastern European Countries,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2005/03, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- António Afonso & Christiane Nickel & Philipp C. Rother, 2006. "Fiscal Consolidations in the Central and Eastern European Countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 142(2), pages 402-421, July.
- Afonso, António & Nickel, Christiane & Rother, Philipp, 2005. "Fiscal consolidations in the Central and Eastern European countries," Working Paper Series 0473, European Central Bank.
- Martin Larch & Alessandro Turrini, 2011.
"Received Wisdom and Beyond: Lessons from Fiscal Consolidation in the EU,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 217(1), pages R1-R18, July.
- Martin Larch & Alessandro Turrini, 2008. "Received wisdom and beyond: Lessons from fiscal consolidation in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 320, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Larch, Martin & Turrini, Alessandro, 2008. "Received wisdom and beyond: Lessons from fiscal consolidations in the EU," MPRA Paper 20604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jérôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudré & Catherine Mathieu & Henri Sterdyniak, 2005.
"Doit-on oublier la politique budgétaire ?. Une analyse critique de la nouvelle théorie anti-keynésienne des finances publiques,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 92(1), pages 43-97.
- Catherine Mathieu & Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak & Bruno Ducoudre, 2005. "Doit-on oublier la politique budgétaire? Une analyse critique de la nouvelle théorie anti-keynésienne des finances publiques," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/1769, Sciences Po.
- Tom Verbeke & M. De Clercq, 2003. "The income-environment relationship: Does a logit model offer an alternative empirical strategy?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/192, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Stefano Siviero & Daniele Terlizzese & Ignazio Visco, 1999.
"Are model-based inflation forecasts used in monetary policymaking? A case study,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
357, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Siviero, S. & Terlizzese, D. & Visco, I., 1999. "Are Model-Based Inflation Forecasts Used in Monetary Policymaking? A Case Study," Papers 357, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Mourao, Paulo & Rodrigues, Carlos, 2007.
"Abordagens da despesa pública nos últimos vinte anos
[Twenty years of Perspectives on Public Expenditures]," MPRA Paper 3416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anton Burger & Martin Zagler, 2008. "US growth and budget consolidation in the 1990s: was there a non-Keynesian effect?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 225-235, July.
- Hjelm, Goran, 2002. "Is private consumption growth higher (lower) during periods of fiscal contractions (expansions)?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 17-39, March.
- António Afonso, 2001. "Non-Keynesian Effects of Fiscal Policy in the EU-15," Working Papers Department of Economics 2001/07, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Anton Burger & Martin Zagler, 2007. "Reasons for the U.S. growth period in the nineties: non-keynesian effects, asset wealth and productivity," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp095, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Hjelm, Göran & Johansson, Martin W, 2002. "Structural Change in Fiscal Policy and The Permanence of Fiscal Contractions - The Case of Denmark and Ireland," Working Papers 2002:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Maria Gabriella Briotti, 2005. "Economic reactions to public finance consolidation - a survey of the literature," Occasional Paper Series 38, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.