The Economic Policy of Fiscal Consolidations: The European Experience
AbstractThis paper investigates the relationship between fiscal contractions, permanent improvements in public finances and short-run economic performance.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi in its series Papers with number 355.
Length: 45 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Banca d'Italia-Servizio Studi-Divisione Biblioteca e Pubblicazioni - Via N azionale, 91 -00184 Rome, Italy.
Web page: http://www.bancaditalia.it/
More information through EDIRC
FISCAL POLICY ; PUBLIC FINANCE;
Other versions of this item:
- Andrea Zaghini, 1999. "The economyc policy of fiscal consolidations: The european experience," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 355, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefano Siviero & Daniele Terlizzese & Ignazio Visco, 1999.
"Are model-based inflation forecasts used in monetary policymaking? A case study,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
357, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Siviero, S. & Terlizzese, D. & Visco, I., 1999. "Are Model-Based Inflation Forecasts Used in Monetary Policymaking? A Case Study," Papers 357, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Mourao, Paulo & Rodrigues, Carlos, 2007.
"Abordagens da despesa pública nos últimos vinte anos
[Twenty years of Perspectives on Public Expenditures]," MPRA Paper 3416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Catherine Mathieu & Jérôme Creel & Henri Sterdyniak & Bruno Ducoudre, 2005.
"Doit-on oublier la politique budgétaire? Une analyse critique de la nouvelle théorie anti-keynésienne des finances publiques,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/1769, Sciences Po.
- Jérôme Creel & Bruno Ducoudré & Catherine Mathieu & Henri Sterdyniak, 2005. "Doit-on oublier la politique budgétaire ?. Une analyse critique de la nouvelle théorie anti-keynésienne des finances publiques," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 92(1), pages 43-97.
- Maria Gabriella Briotti, 2005. "Economic reactions to public finance consolidation - a survey of the literature," Occasional Paper Series 38, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Christiane Nickel & Philipp Rother, 2005.
"Fiscal Consolidations in the Central and Eastern European Countries,"
2005/03, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- António Afonso & Christiane Nickel & Philipp C. Rother, 2006. "Fiscal Consolidations in the Central and Eastern European Countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 142(2), pages 402-421, July.
- Afonso, António & Nickel, Christiane & Rother, Philipp, 2005. "Fiscal consolidations in the Central and Eastern European countries," Working Paper Series 0473, European Central Bank.
- Hjelm, Goran, 2002. "Is private consumption growth higher (lower) during periods of fiscal contractions (expansions)?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 17-39, March.
- António Afonso, 2001. "Non-Keynesian Effects of Fiscal Policy in the EU-15," Working Papers 2001/07, Department of Economics at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon..
- Martin Larch & Alessandro Turrini, 2011.
"Received Wisdom and Beyond: Lessons from Fiscal Consolidation in the EU,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 217(1), pages R1-R18, July.
- Larch, Martin & Turrini, Alessandro, 2008. "Received wisdom and beyond: Lessons from fiscal consolidations in the EU," MPRA Paper 20604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin Larch & Alessandro Turrini, 2008. "Received wisdom and beyond: Lessons from fiscal consolidation in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 320, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Tom Verbeke & M. De Clercq, 2003. "The income-environment relationship: Does a logit model offer an alternative empirical strategy?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/192, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Anton Burger & Martin Zagler, 2008. "US growth and budget consolidation in the 1990s: was there a non-Keynesian effect?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 225-235, July.
- Hjelm, Göran & Johansson, Martin W, 2002. "Structural Change in Fiscal Policy and The Permanence of Fiscal Contractions - The Case of Denmark and Ireland," Working Papers 2002:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Anton Burger & Martin Zagler, 2007. "Reasons for the U.S. growth period in the nineties: non-keynesian effects, asset wealth and productivity," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp095, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.