Cost Structure and Productivity Growth in European Railway System
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is threfold: first, to empirically investigate the cost-structure of railway systems in the ten European Countries of the European Union. second to provide measures of economies (diseconomies) of scale and fully investigate the manner by which economies of scale have effected the cost structure of the system and have been affected by the growth in input prices and technology, and third to measure economic efficiency and identify its sources.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies in its series Athens University of Economics and Business with number 97-03.
Length: 23 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies. Parission 76, Athens Greece 10434
Phone: +30 1 8203250
Fax: +301 8228419
Web page: http://www.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
RAILWAYS ; PRICING ; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heike Wetzel, 2008. "Productivity Growth in European Railways: Technological Progress,Efficiency Change and Scale Effects," Working Paper Series in Economics 101, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Luisa Affuso & Alvaro Angeriz & Michael Pollitt, 2009. "The Impact of Privatisation on the Efficiency of Train Operation in Britain," Working Papers 28, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Ana Rodríguez Álvarez & Víctor Fernández Blanco & José Baños Pino, 2005. "El efecto de la regulación sobre la eficiencia productiva: una aplicación a las compañías ferroviarias europeas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 29(2), pages 351-378, May.
- Dimitris Christopoulos & John Loizides & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2001. "Efficiency in European railways: Not as inefficient as one might think," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 63-88, May.
- Andrew Smith & Phill Wheat, 2012. "Estimation of cost inefficiency in panel data models with firm specific and sub-company specific effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 27-40, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.