Political Business Cycles and National Tax Policies in the EU Countries
AbstractThe paper examines wheter the tax changes observed in eleven countries of the European Union during the 1965-1996 period could be attibuted to intended pre-election period actions of incumbent governments seeking their reelection or to traditional stabilizing fiscal policies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies in its series Athens University of Economics and Business with number 122.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies. Parission 76, Athens Greece 10434
Phone: +30 1 8203250
Fax: +301 8228419
Web page: http://www.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
TAXES ; BUSINESS CYCLES ; ELECTIONS;
Other versions of this item:
- Andrikopoulos, A.A. & Loizides, J.C. & Prodromidis, K.P., 2001. "Political Business Cycles and National Tax Policies in the EU Countries," DEOS Working Papers 122, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.