Illegal Migrants to Greece and their Choice of Destination
AbstractThis paper describes various characteristics of illegal migrants in Greece, i.e. country of original marital status, age, sex, education and occupation, as they are reported in their application forms for residence and work permit. It also examines the factors that may affect the migrants choice of location within Greece, and the effect that their illegal status may have upon this decision. The regression analysis suggests substantial differences between men and women in same respects but common behavior in terms of risk aversion.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies in its series Athens University of Economics and Business with number 111.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies. Parission 76, Athens Greece 10434
Phone: +30 1 8203250
Fax: +301 8228419
Web page: http://www.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
GREECE ; MIGRATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.