Foreign Direct Investment in Pakistan: Policy Issues and Operational Implications
AbstractGiven its fragile balance of payments position and urgent need to boost industrial production, Pakistan needs to significantly increase its mobilization of foreign resources. However, long-term official assistance will become increasingly scarce, while promoting large portfolio investments is not a proper market policy option due to Pakistan's underdevloped and narrow capital market. Significant increases in commercial borrowings are also not desirable. It is therefore crucial to accord high priority to foreign direct investment (FDI).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank in its series Papers with number 66.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Asian Development Bank, Economics and Development Resource Center. P.O. Box 789 Manila Philippines.
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org/
More information through EDIRC
INVESTMENTS ; INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS ; PAKISTAN;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zakaria, Muhammad, 2008. "Investment in Pakistan: A Critical Review," MPRA Paper 11543, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zaman, Khalid & Khan, Muhammad Mushtaq & Ahmad, Mehboob, 2012. "The relationship between foreign direct investment and pro-poor growth policies in Pakistan: The new interface," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1220-1227.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.