Is A Supervisory Board Valuable? The French Evidence
AbstractOne of the major differences in corporate governance structure between theGerman board and Anglo-Saxon board is that German companies employ an additional board of supervisory to control corporate management. On the other hand, French companies are free to choose either corporate governance structure. This study examines the determinants of French companies employing supervisory board governance system and finds that asset size and return on equity are two major factors for supervisory board firms.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Institute for Contemporary German Studies- in its series Papers with number 15.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; Johns Hopkins University, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies. 1400 16th Street, N.W. Suite 420 Washington, D.C. 20036-2217
BUSINESS ORGANIZATION ; FRANCE;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.