Private Versus Public Financing of Education and Endogenous Growth
AbstractThis paper examines interactions between education policy and growth. The analysis is carried out in an OLG model with two types of individuals: skilled and unskilled.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite Aix-Marseille III in its series G.R.E.Q.A.M. with number 99a11.
Length: 13 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: G.R.E.Q.A.M., (GROUPE DE RECHERCHE EN ECONOMIE QUANTITATIVE D'AIX MARSEILLE), CENTRE DE VIEILLE CHARITE, 2 RUE DE LA CHARITE, 13002 MARSEILLE.
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH ; EDUCATION ; INEQUALITY;
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Michael Bräuninger, 2000. "Private versus public financing of education and endogenous growth," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 387-401.
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Günther Rehme, 2007.
"Education, Economic Growth and Measured Income Inequality,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(295), pages 493-514, 08.
- Rehme, Günther, 2006. "Education, Economic Growth and Measured Income Inequality," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 25519, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Armellini, Mauricio & Basu, Parantap, 2010.
"Altrusim. Education Subsidy and Growth,"
23653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mauricio Armellini & Parantap Basu, 2010. "Altruism, Education Subsidy and Growth," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_21, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Mauricio Armellini & Parantap Basu, 2011. "Altruism, Education Subsidy and Growth," Working Papers 2011_07, Durham University Business School.
- Arcalean, Calin & Schiopu, Ioana, 2010. "Public versus private investment and growth in a hierarchical education system," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 604-622, April.
- Blankenau, William, 2005. "Public schooling, college subsidies and growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 487-507, March.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar-Conraria, 2004. "Public vs Private Schooling in an Endogenous Growth Model," NIPE Working Papers 7/2004, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Nakajima, Tetsuya & Nakamura, Hideki, 2009. "The price of education and inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 183-185, November.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria, 2005. "Public vs private schooling in an endogenous growth model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(10), pages 1-6.
- Nakajima, Tetsuya & Nakamura, Hideki, 2012. "How Do Elementary And Higher Education Affect Human Capital Accumulation And Inequality? A Note," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 151-158, February.
- L. Marattin, 2007. "Optimal Fiscal Policy with Private and Public Investment in Education," Working Papers 589, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Vladimir Kuhl Teles & Joaquim Andrade, 2008.
"Public investment in basic education and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 352-364, July.
- Teles, Vladimir Kuhl & Andrade, Joaquim Pinto de, 2010. "Public investment in basic education and economic growth," Textos para discussÃ£o 230, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Vladimir Kühl Teles & Joaquim P. Andrade, 2004. "Public Investment In Basic Education And Economic Growth," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Leonid Azarnert, 2010. "Free education, fertility and human capital accumulation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 449-468, March.
- Verbic, Miroslav & Majcen, Boris & Cok, Mitja, 2009. "Education and Economic Growth in Slovenia: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Approach with Endogenous Growth," MPRA Paper 17817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:10:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.