Economic Liberalization and Privatization of Agricultural Marketing and Input Supply in Tanzania: A Case Study of Cashewnuts
AbstractSince 1991 massive restructuring and liberalization of agricultural marketing have been undertaken in Tanzania. The study examines this process in the context of SAP and the need to ensure a more economically viable private sector driven agricultural marketing system. This study uses interviews and a questionnaire to examine the impact of these changed on smallholder cashew producers, with a special emphasis on the producers' views and expectations.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by African Economic Research Consortium in its series Papers with number 86.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: African Economic Research Consortum, P.O. Box 62882, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: (254-2) 228057
Fax: (254-2) 219308
Web page: http://www.aercafrica.org/
More information through EDIRC
AGRICULTURAL ECONOMY ; TRADE LIBERALIZATION ; PRIVATIZATION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.