Poverty, Growth and Inequality in Nigeria: A Case Study
AbstractThe study found evidence of worsening inequality and poverty in spite of economic growth. It was found also that male-headed households seem to have fared worse, and that poverty is more pronounced in rural areas and in the northen regions (zones). The poor policy stance during the period is found to have contributed in increased poverty.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by African Economic Research Consortium in its series Papers with number 102.
Length: 66 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: African Economic Research Consortum, P.O. Box 62882, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: (254-2) 228057
Fax: (254-2) 219308
Web page: http://www.aercafrica.org/
More information through EDIRC
POVERTY ; DEVELOPING COUNTRIES ; ECONOMIC REFORM ; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Omilola, Babatunde, 2009. "Estimating the impact of agricultural technology on poverty reduction in rural Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 901, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Oluwatayo, I.B., 2004. "Income Risk and Welfare Status of Rural Households in Nigeria: Ekiti State as a Test Case," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gafaar, Oluwatoyin Alade S & Osinubi, Tokunbo Simbowale, 2005. "Macroeconomic Policies and Pro-Poor Growth in Nigeria," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 24, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Quentin Wodon, 2007. "Growth and Poverty Reduction : Case Studies from West Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6875, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.