"Contracting Employmenty". A Case Study of How the Use of Agency Workers in the SA Power Industry is Reshaping the Employment Relationship
AbstractThis study focuses on the changing work environment in a large SA Government power utility which has undergone significant restructuring as it moves from a government agency to a Public Corporation, with its full privatisation imminent. The research traces these changes and with it the changing composition of the workforce, both in terms of total numbers and the increased use of more flexible sources of labour such as agency workers and contracting arrangements. In particular the paper focuses on the extent and use of agency workers in the organisation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Training in its series ACIRRT Working Papers with number 59.
Length: 63 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Storie Dixson Wing H10. Institute Building University of Sydney, NSW 2006.
LABOUR MARKET ; WORKING CONDITIONS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.