Has the accuracy of energy demand projections in the OECD countries improved since the 1970s?
AbstractSince the 1970s almost all OECD countries have published projections or forecasts of future energy consumption. By now, three decades later, the actual values of energy consumption are available for the same number of countries and thus a considerable amount of empirical data is available concerning formal hypothesis testing, e.g. whether there have been improvements in the forecasting accuracy during this period.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics in its series Papers with number 01-5.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Faculty of Business Administration. The Aarhus School of Business. Fuglesangs Alle 4. DK- 8210 Aarhus V - Denmark
Phone: +45 89 486396
Fax: +45 8615 5175
Web page: http://www.asb.dk/about/departments/nat.aspx
More information through EDIRC
ENERGY ; FORECASTS ; CONSUMPTION;
Other versions of this item:
- Bentzen, Jan & Linderoth, Hans, 2001. "Has the accuracy of energy demand projections in the OECD countries improved since the 1970s?," Working Papers 01-5, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shlyakhter, Alexander I. & Kammen, Daniel M. & Broido, Claire L. & Wilson, Richard, 1994. "Quantifying the credibility of energy projections from trends in past data : The US energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 119-130, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.