Demand projections for poultry products and poultry feeds in Bangladesh
AbstractThe poultry sub-sector is crucially important in the context of agricultural growth and improvement of diets of people in Bangladesh. The sub-sector is particularly important in that it is a significant source for the supply of protein and nutrition in a household's nutritional intake. It is an attractive economic activity as well, especially to women and poor population...[T]he major objective of this study is to carry out demand projections for poultry and poultry products, and thus address the potential of the grain (maize, in particular) economy, through carrying out demand projections for poultry feeds in Bangladesh. More specifically, the study aims to estimate the total use of feed as grain by the poultry sub-sector, through assessing the current levels of demand and supply of poultry and poultry products. from Author's Introduction.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series MSSD discussion papers with number 54.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
livestock ; human nutrition ; Agricultural growth ;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Haggblade, Steven, 2003. "Successes in African agriculture," MSSD discussion papers 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minot, Nicholas & Daniels, Lisa, 2002.
"Impact of global cotton markets on rural poverty in Benin,"
MTID discussion papers
48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nicholas Minot & Lisa Daniels, 2005. "Impact of global cotton markets on rural poverty in Benin," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(s3), pages 453-466, November.
- Minot, Nicholas & Daniels, Lisa, 2002. "Impact of global cotton markets on rural poverty in Benin," MSSD discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Minten, Bart, 1998.
"Relationships and traders in Madagascar,"
MTID discussion papers
24, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.