A review of input and output policies for cereals production in India:
AbstractThis paper reviews the key policies with regard to agriculture inputs such as seed, fertilizer, water, agricultural equipment, research, extension, and agricultural credit. It also provides an overview of the policies and programs related to agricultural output markets that are crucial for improving cereal production in the country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series IFPRI discussion papers with number 1159.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Agricultural inputs; cereal production; Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA);
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gulati, Ashok & Narayanan, Sudha, 2003. "The Subsidy Syndrome in Indian Agriculture," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195662061.
- Adhiguru, P. & Birthal, Pratap Singh & Kumar, B. Ganesh, 2009. "Strengthening Pluralistic Agricultural Information Delivery Systems in India," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 22(1).
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Pursell, Garry & Gulati, Ashok & Gupta, Kanupriya, 2007. "Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in India," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48483, World Bank.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, William J., 2007.
"Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia,"
Agricultural Distortions Working Paper
48557, World Bank.
- Kolady, Deepthi & Spielman, David J. & Cavalieri, Anthony J., 2010. "Intellectual property rights, private investment in research, and productivity growth in Indian agriculture: A review of evidence and options," IFPRI discussion papers 1031, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Raabe, Katharina, 2008. "Reforming the agricultural extension system in India: What do we know about what works where and why?," IFPRI discussion papers 775, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul, 2009. "Millions fed: Proven successes in agricultural development," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Millions Fed Book: 2009.
- Rada, Nicholas, 2013.
"Agricultural Growth in India: Examining the Post-Green Revolution Transition,"
Proceedings Issues, 2013: Productivity and Its Impacts on Global Trade, June 2-4, 2013. Seville, Spain
152343, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Rada, Nicholas E., 2013. "Agricultural Growth in India: Examining the Post-Green Revolution Transition," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149547, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.