World food prospects
AbstractThis report discusses six issues that could influence the world food situation in the twenty-first century: the relationship between policy related variables and the nutritional status of children, the relationship between current market trends for wheat, maize and rice and their potential impact on producer income, food production, and food stocks; the role of developing countries in the next round of World Trade Organization negotiations; and three topics related to increasing productivity on small-scale farms: the potential of agroecological approaches, the role of biotechnology, and the relevance of new information technology and precision farming.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series Food policy reports with number 9.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Budy Resosudarmo & Satoshi Yamazaki, 2011. "Training and Visit (T&V) Extension vs. Farmer field School: The Indonesian Experience," Departmental Working Papers 2011-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Gladwin, Christina H. & Thomson, Anne M. & Peterson, Jennifer S. & Anderson, Andrea S., 2001. "Addressing food security in Africa via multiple livelihood strategies of women farmers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 177-207, April.
- Wiebe, Keith D. & Soule, Meredith J. & Narrod, Clare A. & Breneman, Vincent E., 2000. "Resource Quality And Agricultural Productivity: A Multi-Country Comparison," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21723, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Eduardo Trigo & Greg Traxler & Carlos E. Pray & Rubén Echeverría, 2002. "Biotecnología agrícola y desarrollo rural en América Latina y el Caribe: Implicaciones para el financiamiento del BID," IDB Publications 53078, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Zhou, Zhang-Yue, 2003. "Feed versus Food: The Future Challenge and Balance for Farming," Conference Proceedings 2003 124016, Crawford Fund.
- Wiebe, Keith D., 2003. "Linking Land Quality, Agricultural Productivity, And Food Security," Agricultural Economics Reports 34073, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Zhou, Zhang-Yue, 2004. "Feed versus Food: The Future Challenge and Balance for Farming," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 12.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 2000. "Food policy research for developing countries: emerging issues and unfinished business," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 125-141, April.
- Jonathan M. Harris & Neva R. Goodwin, . "03-03 "Reconciling Growth and Environment"," GDAE Working Papers 03-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Klein, Kurt K., 2002. "Field Crop Subsector Structure And Competition Under Free Trade: Canada," Structural Change as a Source of Trade Disputes Under NAFTA; Proceedings of the 7th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2001 16874, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Linacre, Nicholas A. & Koo, Bonwoo & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Msangi, Siwa & Falck-Zepeda, José & Gaskell, Joanne & Komen, John & Cohen, Marc J. & Birner, Regina, 2005. "Security analysis for agroterrorism: applying the threat, vulnerability, consequence framework to developing countries," EPTD discussion papers 138, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kelemu, Segenet, 2008. "Helping Small-Holder Farmers Deal with Climate Change," Conference Proceedings 2008 124519, Crawford Fund.
- Benoit Dostie & Steven Haggblade & Josée Randriamamonjy, 2002.
"Seasonal Poverty in Madagascar: Magnitude and Solutions,"
Cahiers de recherche
02-09, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Dostie, B. & Haggblade, S. & Randriamamonjy, J., 2002. "Seasonal poverty in Madagascar: magnitude and solutions," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 493-518.
- World Bank, 2003. "Reaching the Rural Poor : A Renewed Strategy for Rural Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14084.
- Oluoch-Kosura, Willis & Otieno, David Jakinda & Marenya, Paswel Phiri, 2004. "The Food Security Equation: What is the Role of Gender and Social Amenities in this Paradigm? A Focus on Rural Households in Yala division, Siaya district, Kenya," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9517, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Omilola, Babatunde, 2010. "Patterns and trends of child and maternal nutrition inequalities in Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 968, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tweeten, Luther G. & Thompson, Stanley R., 2008. "Long-term Global Agricultural Output Supply-Demand Balance and Real Farm and Food Prices," Working Papers 46009, Ohio State University, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.