Food safety in food security and food trade:
AbstractCONTENTS: Overview / Laurian J. Unnevehr; Food Safety as a Public Health Issue for Developing Countries / Fritz K. K�ferstein; Mycotoxin Food Safety Risk in Developing Countries / Ramesh V. Bhat and Siruguri Vasanthi; Trends in Food Safety Standards and Regulation: Implications for Developing Countries / Julie A. Caswell; Food Safety Issues in International Trade / Spencer Henson; Balancing Risk Reduction and Benefits from Trade in Setting Standards / John Wilson and Tsunehiro Otsuki; Case Study: Guatemalan Raspberries and Cyclospora / Linda Calvin, Luis Flores, and William Foster; Case Study: Kenyan Fish Exports / Richard O. Abila; Case Study:The Shrimp Export Industry in Bangladesh / James C. Cato and S. Subasinge; Case Study: Reducing Pesticide Residues on Horticultural Crops / George W. Norton, Guillermo E. Sanchez, Dionne Clarke-Harris, and Halimatou Koné Traoré; Case Study: India Responds to International Food Safety Requirements / Shashi Sareen; Case Study: Supermarkets and Quality and Safety Standards for Produce in Latin America / Julio A. Berdegué, Fernando Balsevich, Luis Flores, Denise Mainville, and Thomas Reardon; Case Study: Beef industry in China / Colin G. Brown and Scott A.Waldron; Case Study:The Poultry Industry in Colombia / Miguel I. Gómez, Diego M. Sierra, and Daisy Rodriguez; Case Study: Reducing Mycotoxins in Brazilian Crops / Elisabete Salay; Food Safety and GM Crops: Implications for Developing-Country Research / Joel I. Cohen, Hector Quemada, and Robert Frederick; Food Safety Policy Issues for Developing Countries / Laurian J. Unnevehr, Lawrence Haddad, and Christopher Delgado.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in its series 2020 vision focus with number 10.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
food security; Food safety; trade; health;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2004-06-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2004-05-09 (Health Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arda, Mehmet, 2006. "Food Retailing, Supermarkets and Food Security: Highlights from Latin America," Working Paper Series RP2006/107, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Henson, Spencer J. & Jaffee, Steven, 2006. "A Strategic Perspective on the Impact of Food Safety Standards on Developing Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25456, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Linacre, Nicholas A. & Koo, Bonwoo & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Msangi, Siwa & Falck-Zepeda, José & Gaskell, Joanne & Komen, John & Cohen, Marc J. & Birner, Regina, 2005. "Security analysis for agroterrorism: applying the threat, vulnerability, consequence framework to developing countries," EPTD discussion papers 138, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Richard Newfarmer, 2006. "Trade, Doha, and Development : A Window into the Issues," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7135, October.
- Anders, Sven & Caswell, Julie A., 2006. "Assessing the Impact of Stricter Food Safety Standards on Trade: HACCP in U.S. Seafood Trade with the Developing World," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21338, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Umali-Deininger, Dina & Sur, Mona, 2006. "Food Safety in a Globalizing World: Opportunities and Challenges for India," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25746, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sven Anders & Julie Caswell, 2007.
"Standards-as-Barriers versus Standards-as-Catalysts: Assessing the Impact of HACCP Implementation on U.S. Seafood Imports,"
2007-7, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- Sven M. Anders & Julie A. Caswell, 2007. "Standards as Barriers Versus Standards as Catalysts: Assessing the Impact of HACCP Implementation on U.S. Seafood Imports," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 310-321.
- Jaffee, Steven & Henson, Spencer, 2004. "Standards and agro-food exports from developing countries: rebalancing the debate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3348, The World Bank.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2006. "Food Safety as a Global Public Good: Is There Underinvestment?," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25733, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.