Working Paper 10-11 - Estimation of inter-industry domestic and international R&D stocks for Belgium
AbstractThis Working Paper deals with the estimation of direct, inter-industry domestic and international R&D stocks for 25 Belgian industries over the period 1995-2007. Two categories of stocks are constructed to estimate potential rent spillovers and knowledge spillovers. Domestic inter-industry and foreign R&D stocks are weighted with Supply and Use tables and bilateral trade data to estimate rent spillovers (through intermediate consumption) and with international patent citations matrices to estimate knowledge spillovers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium in its series Working Papers with number 1110.
Date of creation: 20 Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Domestic R&D stocks; International R&D stocks; Spillovers;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-08-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-FMK-2011-08-29 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-INO-2011-08-29 (Innovation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michele Cincera & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2001. "International R&D spillovers: a survey," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 169(169), pages 3-31.
- Kaul, Inge & Grunberg, Isabelle & Stern, Marc (ed.), 1999. "Global Public Goods: International Cooperation in the 21st Century," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195130522.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 1997.
"Issues in assessing the effect of interindustry R&D spillovers,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/6235, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 1997. "Issues in Assessing the Effect of Interindustry R&D Spillovers," Economic Systems Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 331-356.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2001. "Recherche-développement et croissance de la productivité : Analyse des données d'un panel de 16 pays de l'OCDE," Revue économique de l'OCDE, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 111-136.
- Daniel K.N. Johnson, 2002. "The OECD Technology Concordance (OTC): Patents by Industry of Manufacture and Sector of Use," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2002/5, OECD Publishing.
- Nahuis, R. & Tang, P.J.G., 1999. "Sectoral Productivity Growth and R&D Spillovers in the Netherlands," Discussion Paper 1999-15, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominique van der Wal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.